Friday 14 December 2012

Paul Contradicts Himself

Paul Contradicts Himself

Bismillah Hir Rehman Ir Raheem
Start In the Name Of Allah The Most Beneficent The Most Merciful

Like us on facebook:


Paul Contradicts Himself

1- Does Paul lie or not?
"I speak the truth in Christ--I am not lying, my conscience confirms it in the Holy Spirit.[Romans 9:1]
"And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle--I am telling the truth, I am not lying--and a teacher of the true faith to the Gentiles. [1 Timothy 2:7]
Contradicted By:
"But if through my lie the truth of God abounded to His glory, why am I also still being judged as a sinner" [Romans 3:7]

2- Is Paul tricky or not?
For the appeal we make does not spring from error or impure motives, nor are we trying to trick you. [1 Thessalonians  2:3]
Contradicted By:
Be that as it may, I have not been a burden to you. Yet, crafty fellow that I am, I caught you by trickery! [2 Corinthians  12:16]

3- On circumcision
"Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God's commands is what counts" [1 Corinthians 7:19]
Contradicted By:
"Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised." [Romans 2:25; Also see Romans 3:1-2]

4- Should we covet or not?
"What shall we say, then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! Indeed I would not have known what sin was except through the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, "Do not covet." [Romans 7:7; Also See Romans 13:9]
Contradicted By:
"But eagerly desire the greater gifts. And now I will show you the most excellent way." 1 Corinthians 12:31; Also See 1 Corinthians 14:39]

5- On steailng
"He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need." [Ephesians 4:28]
Contradicted By:
"I robbed other churches by receiving support from them so as to serve you." [2 Corinthians 11:8]

6- Will Paul be hurt or not?
"One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: “Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city." [Acts 18:9-10]
Contradicted By:
"Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one.Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my own countrymen, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false brothers.I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked." [2 Corinthians 11:23-27]

7- Is Law necessary?
"Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law." [Romans 3:31]
Contradicted By:
"For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace." [Romans 6:14]

8- On Baptize
Jesus said to baptize all
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" [Matthew 28:19]
Contradicted By:
Paul said he was not sent to baptize.
"For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel--not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power."
[1 Corinthians 1:17]

9- Why was Paul send?
Paul said he was not sent to baptize but to preach.
"For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel--not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power."
[1 Corinthians 1:17]
Contradicted By:
"Yes, I also baptized the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don't remember if I baptized anyone else" [1 Corinthians 1:16]

10- When Paul went to Damascus?
Shortly after his conversion, Paul went to Damascus where he spent some time with the apostles.
"And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus." [Acts 9:19]
Contradicted By:
Paul went to Damascus three years later and saw only Peter and James.
"Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days. But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother" [Galatians 1:18-19]

11- Where Paul went after his conversion?
Shortly after his conversion, Paul went to Damascus and then to Jerusalem.
"And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized. And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus. And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests? But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.And after that many days were fulfilled, the Jews took counsel to kill him But their laying await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to kill him. Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by the wall in a basket.And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple." [Acts 9:18-26]
Contradicted By:
Shortly after his conversion, Paul went to Arabia, then to Damascus, and then, 3 years later, to Jerusalem.
" Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days." [Galatians 1:17-18]

12- Who attempts to sieze Paul? Governor or Jews?
"In Damascus the governor under Aretas the king kept the city of the Damascenes with a garrison, desirous to apprehend me" [2 Corinthians 11:32]
Contradicted By:
"But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ. And after that many days were fulfilled, the Jews took counsel to kill him:" [Acts 9:22-23]

13- Should we preach in Asia?
The holy spirit forbids preaching in Asia.
"Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia," [Acts 16:6]
Contradicted By:
Paul preaches in Asia anyway.
"And he went into the synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading the things concerning the kingdom of God. But when divers were hardened, and believed not, but spake evil of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the school of one Tyrannus.And this continued by the space of two years; so that all they which dwelt in Asia heard the word of the Lord Jesus, both Jews and Greeks." [Acts 19:8-10]

14- On pleasing men
Paul said he would not be a servant of Christ if he tried to please men.
"For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ." [Galatians 1:10]
Contradicted By:
Paul said that he tried to please men.
"Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved." [1 Corinthians 10:33]

15- On sins
Paul says that he was the chief of all sinners.
"This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief." [1 Timothy 1:15]
Contradicted By:
He who commits sin is of the devil. Children of God cannot sin.
"He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother." [1 John 3:8-10]

16- Who will judge?
"I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;" [2 Timothy 4:1]
"To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect" [Hebrews 12:23]
"Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?" 1 Corinthians 6:2]

17- Who was Jesus?
"Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead". [Romans 1:3-4]
Contradicted By:
Paul said that Jesus was just a man.
"But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood." [Hebrews 7:24]

18- Should we boast?
"I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted."[Luke 18:14]
"Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not boastful, but fear:" [Romans 11:20; Also See 1 Peter 5:5]
Contradicted By:
Paul proudly boasts.
"But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed." [Galatians 2:9-11]
" I say again, Let no man think me a fool; if otherwise, yet as a fool receive me, that I may boast myself a little. That which I speak, I speak it not after the Lord, but as it were foolishly, in this confidence of boasting." [2 Corinthians 11:16-17]

Back to Bible

Also See:
The Gospel of Paul | Paul created his own Gospel
Contradictory God Of Bible
Jesus Contradict Himself
Further Contradiction In Bible (OT) 
Contradictions In Bible On Moral Issues
Contradictions In Psalm
Contradiction On Account Of Jesus Crucifixion
Numerical Contradictions In Bible
Historical Contradictions In Bible
Paul Contradicts Jesus
Contradiction In New Testament (Part 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts