Yahweh A Pagan DeityBismillah Hir Rehman Ir Raheem
Start In the Name Of Allah The Most Beneficent The Most Merciful
Like us on facebook:
Yahweh A Pagan Deity
By Brother Kaleef Karim
It is interesting how Non-Muslims always attack the name of Allah (God) saying it is a moon god, even though they don’t have not a shred of proof from Quran or the Hadith. In this article I will only quote Non-Muslims sources to prove that Yahwah, Yhwh, Jenovah, Adonai, Eloi whatever the name Christian God have is a Moon and Pagan God.
(1) Lyon, D, G. Ed. Moore, George Foot, joint ed wrote in this book A book Studies in the History of religions on page 194 “ another theory that has found advocates in the recent years is that YHWH was a MOON GOD”
(2) Ralph Ellis in his book Tempest & Exodus writes “thus the old testaments primaru name for God was probably derived from the MOON GOD of EGYPT”
Here we have 2 Christians who don’t know where the Name of thier GOD derived from.
(3) John H Hayes writes in his book Introduction to the Bible He wrote
“What ever the Orignial name of the name Yahweh may have been, and this may continue to remain Unknown”
(4) James M. Efird in his book The old testament writings page 35 writes
“Exactly what does the name Yahweh means?
Once again there is no absolute answer which can be given, for the origin of the name is lost in the recesses of the past and scholars differ in their assessment of of its meanings”
Dr Reckart a Christian believes and shows evidence that Yah Yahweh Yashua are all pagan. Read his blog there is link there for you to find more info.
(5) Dr G, Reckart says that the name "Yah" came from the Pagan Egyptian Moon God
“This pagan Yah idol was not the original God of the Jews. This Yah idol is not the God of creation. This Yah idol is not the God Abraham believed in and it was counted to him for righteousness. This Yah idol is a Baal god and the sooner we acknowledge this the quicker the Jews can return to the true God and let him heal their sins.”
"Yah" from a certain Dr. G. Reckart. It says the following about this - to me! - obscure god:
"One of the false gods the Jews worshipped was YAH. This pagan idol has its roots in Babylon and Egypt. This is the lunar or moon god. In Babylon the moon god is called Ia or Ya. It has both a female and a male identity. In Egypt the Babylon female Ia or Ya" was changed into a male god and the female god was named "Shua" and made the sky god. When a person then combines these forms into Iashua or Yashua, they have made the moon god, the sky god.
This Babylonian/Egypt deity is also called Baal throughout the Scriptures. Th Jews did worship the moon god when they apostated into idolatry from the true god Ehyeh asher Ehyeh (Elohim/Adonai).
This moon god also has the name of Thoth."
Further more Dr G, Reckart comments on Friedrich
Friedrich Delitzsch proved that the name of the god YA, YA-VE,, YA-U (YHVH YA-HU) existed in Babylon as far back as 2500BC. The confusion arises when scholars attempting to justify the Israelite use of Ya and make this god the God of the Jews, try to make this deity a Jewish one and not one from a foreign and pagan people. This then saves the Jewish Yhvh from being a pagan idol. The fact remains, even if scholars pervert the evidence: there was no Abraham in 2500BC. There was no Israelite people. There was no nation of Israel. Any adoption of the Yagod must then come from prior centuries.
(6) David Icke writes in his LINK
“Yahweh, the Fraud of Israel
The Midian-Egyptian connection to the origin of Yahweh
"In its earliest attestations the name Yah refers to the moon as satellite of the earth. Yah then becomes conceptualised as a lunar deity, iconographically anthropomorphic but whose manifestations, from the hieroglyphic evidence, can include the crescent of the new moon, the ibis and the falcon- comparable to the other moon deities, Thoth and Khonsu.”
Yahweh had a WIFE
(7) In 1967, Raphael Patai was the first historian to mention that the ancient Israelites worshiped both Yahweh and Asherah.
(8) George Hart, "A Dictionary of Egyptian Gods and Goddesses", Mentions that YAH is a MOON GOD of the EGYPTIANS.
(9) William G. Dever
Yahweh had a consort Asherah some even go to say that Asherah was Yahweh;s wife
In fact, the Israelites were still very much polytheistic here, and they still adored Asherah as the Mother of Heaven, or the consort of El, El Elyon, or Yahweh. It wasn't until around 600 BCE did we have Monotheism start taking root by strict Yahwists and reformists, and where Ahserah was seemingly edited out of the bible as Yahweh's consort. It is here where Yahwism became monotheistic and considered all other GODs as false idols to which included Asherah.
(10) Professor Bill Dever, discusses archaeological evidence for Asherah as the consort of Yahweh:
Asherah was, of course, finally driven underground by the reformist parties that :edited the Hebrew Bible. In its final form she is written out of the text. Hence, she :disappeared and all her cult imagery with her when Jewish monotheism at last :triumphed in the period after the Israelites returned from the Babylonian exile. :But Asherah was once alive and well; modern archaeology has in fact resurrected :her. Her "houses," now vacant, were once occupied. Here she was "at home" for :many of the masses in ancient Israel.
We can also reference The Early History of God Yahweh and the Other Deities in Ancient Israel, by Mark S. Smith in where he explains the history of Asherah as well as how the name Asherah eventually morphed into a generic term essentially meaning “post,” or “idol” that was to be worshiped toward a specific god.
(11) The Oxford Companion to World Mythology states
It seems almost certain that the God of the Jews evolved gradually from the Canaanite El, who was in all likelihood the 'God of Abraham'... If El was the high god of Abraham - Elohim, the prototype of Yahweh - Asherah was his wife, and there are archeological indications that she was perceived as such before she was in effect 'divorced' in the context of emerging Judaism of the 7th century BCE.(See 2 Kings 23:15)".
(12) French epigrapher André Lemaire in his article “Who or What was Yahweh’s Asherah?,” published in the Nov.-Dec. 1984 issue of Biblical Archaeology Review, an inscription found at Kuntillet ‘Ajrud (dated between 850 and 750 BCE) states the following:
I bless you through Yahweh of Samaria, and through his Asherah! Another inscription, found at ‘El Qom, from the same time period, reads: Uriyahu, the king, has written this. Blessed be Uriyahu through Yahweh, and his enemies have been conquered through Yahweh’s Asherah. Asherah is the name of the Canaanite mother-goddess whose worship is expressly forbidden in such Biblical passages as Deuteronomy 16:21 (consistently rendered "grove" in the King James Version). Clearly, Yahweh’s name was misappropriated and corrupted by heathen worshippers.
(13) Roger Hathaway sacred name of God or blasphemy?
There is evidence that Yahweh had been the Edomite's lord as far back as 1,400 BC. The oldest known appearance of the name YHWH outside the Holy Land was in Egypt about 1,400 BC where it is found on lists with five other sacred names. A Rameses II (1304-1237) list has it 6 times. In an Amon temple of AmenhotepIII (1417-1379 BC) the name is associated with Seir (Edom).
(14) Norman Walker says the Egyptian origin for the Tetra Grammaton saying that the first half ogf the divine name YAH, comes from the Egyptian I-H “MOON” GOD and the second part of WEH comes from the Egyptian ipithet “one” (cf. Ikhnaten’s naming of the SUN DISC “the GOD-ONE 16.
Source: [N. Walker “Yahwism and the divine name YHWH, ZAW (1958): 262-265; The Tetragrammaton (west ewel, England. 1948, espcc, pp. 10_14]
(15) "Röth (Die Aegypt. und die Zoroastr. Glaubenslehre, 1846, page 175) derives the Hebrew name [Yahweh] from the ancient moon-god Ih or Ioh."
Back to Christianity
450+ Contradictions In Bible
Destruction of Trinity
Pagan Origins Of Christianity
Different types of Salvation In Christianity
Early Christians Rejected Trinity
Why is Trinity false?
Trinity and Paganism
Early Christians Did Worship The Mary
Crucifixion A Lie!
Jesus was not crucified according to Gospel of Barnabas
The Bible prove Jesus will not be Crucified
Paul Contradicts Jesus
Paul Contradicts Himself