Thursday 1 November 2012

The Isra and Miraj (Prophet Muhammad Night's Journey)

The Isra and Miraj (Prophet Muhammad Night's Journey)

Bismillah Hir Rehman Ir Raheem
Start In the Name Of Allah The Most Beneficent The Most Merciful

Like us on facebook:


The Isra and Miraj (Prophet Muhammad Night's Journey)

1- Sources from Quran
2- Sources from Hadith
3- From Christian Sources
4- From Bible
5- From History and others sources

The Islamic sources are very brief in telling the Prophet's Night Journey to Heaven . Holy Prophet was first taken to Masjid Al-Aqsa where he led the Prophets then to the Heavens with Archangle Gabriel

1- Sources from Quran:

The Prophet Journey to Masjid Al Aqsa
Quran 17:1
"Exalted is He who took His Servant by night from al-Masjid al-Haram to al-Masjid al-Aqsa, whose surroundings We have blessed, to show him of Our signs. Indeed, He is the Hearing, the Seeing."

Prophet Muhammad was shown the greatest Sign of His Lord
Quran 53:18
"He certainly saw of the greatest signs of his Lord."
Quran 17: 60
"And [remember, O Muhammad], when We told you, "Indeed, your Lord has encompassed the people." And We did not make the sight which We showed you except as a trial for the people, as was the accursed tree [mentioned] in the Qur'an. And We threaten them, but it increases them not except in great transgression."
Quran 53:13-18
"And he certainly saw him in another descent, At the Lote-tree of the Utmost Boundary - Near it is the Garden of Refuge - When there covered the Lote Tree that which covered [it] The sight [of the Prophet] did not swerve, nor did it transgress [its limit]. He certainly saw of the greatest signs of his Lord."

2- From Hadith:
The whole incident of Miraj is recoded in a Hadith
Sahih al-Bukhari, volume 4,Book 54, Hadith number 429
The Prophet said, "While I was at the House in a state midway between sleep and wakefulness, (an angel recognized me) as the man lying between two men. A golden tray full of wisdom and belief was brought to me and my body was cut open from the throat to the lower part of the abdomen and then my abdomen was washed with Zam-zam water and (my heart was) filled with wisdom and belief. Al-Buraq, a white animal, smaller than a mule and bigger than a donkey was brought to me and I set out with Gabriel. When I reached the nearest heaven. Gabriel said to the heaven gate-keeper, 'Open the gate.' The gatekeeper asked, 'Who is it?' He said, 'Gabriel.' The gate-keeper,' Who is accompanying you?' Gabriel said, 'Muhammad.' The gate-keeper said, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel said, 'Yes.' Then it was said, 'He is welcomed. What a wonderful visit his is!' Then I met Adam and greeted him and he said, 'You are welcomed O son and a Prophet.' Then we ascended to the second heaven. It was asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel said, 'Gabriel.' It was said, 'Who is with you?' He said, 'Muhammad' It was asked, 'Has he been sent for?' He said, 'Yes.' It was said, 'He is welcomed. What a wonderful visit his is!" Then I met Jesus and Yahya (John the Baptist) who said, 'You are welcomed, O brother and a Prophet.' Then we ascended to the third heaven. It was asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel said, 'Gabriel.' It was asked, 'Who is with you? Gabriel said, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has he been sent for?' 'Yes,' said Gabriel. 'He is welcomed. What a wonderful visit his is!' (The Prophet added:). There I met Joseph and greeted him, and he replied, 'You are welcomed, O brother and a Prophet!' Then we ascended to the 4th heaven and again the same questions and answers were exchanged as in the previous heavens. There I met Idris and greeted him. He said, 'You are welcomed O brother and Prophet.' Then we ascended to the 5th heaven and again the same questions and answers were exchanged as in previous heavens. there I met and greeted Aaron who said, 'You are welcomed O brother and a Prophet". Then we ascended to the 6th heaven and again the same questions and answers were exchanged as in the previous heavens. There I met and greeted Moses who said, 'You are welcomed O brother and a Prophet.' When I proceeded on, he started weeping and on being asked why he was weeping, he said, 'O Lord! Followers of this youth who was sent after me will enter Paradise in greater number than my followers.' Then we ascended to the seventh heaven and again the same questions and answers were exchanged as in the previous heavens. There I met and greeted Abraham who said, 'You are welcomed o son and a Prophet.' Then I was shown Al-Bait-al-Ma'mur (i.e. Allah's House). I asked Gabriel about it and he said, This is Al Bait-ul-Ma'mur where 70,000 angels perform prayers daily and when they leave they never return to it (but always a fresh batch comes into it daily).' Then I was shown Sidrat al-Muntaha (i.e. a tree in the seventh heaven) and I saw its Nabk fruits which resembled the clay jugs of Hajr (i.e. a town in Arabia), and its leaves were like the ears of elephants, and four rivers originated at its root, two of them were apparent and two were hidden. I asked Gabriel about those rivers and he said, 'The two hidden rivers are in Paradise, and the apparent ones are the Nile and the Euphrates.' Then fifty prayers were enjoined on me. I descended till I met Moses who asked me, 'What have you done?' I said, 'Fifty prayers have been enjoined on me.' He said, 'I know the people better than you, because I had the hardest experience to bring Bani Israel to obedience. Your followers cannot put up with such obligation. So, return to your Lord and request Him (to reduce the number of prayers.' I returned and requested Allah (for reduction) and He made it forty. I returned and (met Moses) and had a similar discussion, and then returned again to Allah for reduction and He made it thirty, then twenty, then ten, and then I came to Moses who repeated the same advice. Ultimately Allah reduced it to five. When I came to Moses again, he said, 'What have you done?' I said, 'Allah has made it five only.' He repeated the same advice but I said that I surrendered (to Allah's Final Order)'" Allah's Apostle was addressed by Allah, "I have decreed My Obligation and have reduced the burden on My slaves, and I shall reward a single good deed as if it were ten good deeds."

3- From Christian sources

In his book Dala’il An-Nubuwwah, Al-Hafiz Abu Nuaym al-Isbahani recorded via Muhammad bin ‘Umar Al-Waqidi who said: Malik bin Abi Ar-Rajjal told me from ‘Amr bin Abdullah that Muhammad bin Ka’b Al-Qurazi said: “The Messenger of Allaah (SAW) sent Dihyah bin Khalifah to Caesar.” He mentioned how he came to him, and described an incident that showed how wise Caesar was. He sent for the Arab merchants who were in Syria and Abu Sufyan Sakhr bin Harb and his companions were brought to him. He asked them the well-known questions that were recorded by Al-Bukhari and Muslim, as we shall discuss below, and Abu Sufyan tried hard to give the impression that this was an insignificant issue. [The narrator] said that Abu Sufyan [later] said: “By Allaah, nothing stopped me from saying something to Heraclius to make him despise [Muhammad] but the fact that I did not want to tell a lie that would later be found out, and he would never believe me again after that. Then I told him about the night on which he was taken to the Night Journey. I said: ‘O King, shall I not tell you of something from which you will know that he is lying? He said, “What is it?” I said: ‘He claims that he went out of our land, the land of Al-Haram, in one night, and came to your sanctuary in Jerusalem, then came back to us the same night, before morning came.’ The Patriarch of Jerusalem was there, standing next to Caesar. The Patriarch of Jerusalem said: ‘I know that night.’ Caesar looked at him and said, ‘How do you know about this?’ He said, ‘I never used to sleep at night until I closed all the doors of the sanctuary. On that night I closed all the doors except for one, which I could not manage to close. I asked my workers and others who were with me to help me deal with it, but we couldn’t move it. It was like trying to move a mountain. So I called the carpenters, and they looked at it and said: The lintel and some part of the structure have fallen onto it. We cannot move it until morning, when we will be able to see what the problem is. So I went back and left those two doors open. The next morning I went back, and saw that the stone at the corner of the sanctuary had a hole in it, and said to my companions: This door has not been closed last night except for a Prophet, who prayed last night in our sanctuary.”

4- From Bible


Proof from the Bible Christian missionary love to misrepresent the truth that Prophet Muhammad (SAW) didn’t perform any miracles, which of course is not true. He performed many miracles. Their own Bible testifies or contains the prophecies about the miracles performed by Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Readers must remember that no Biblical prophet including Jesus has performed more miracles than Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and no Biblical prophet has performed miracle of splitting the moon into two halves, it is the miracle of Muhammad (SAW) that Bible has prophesied and Glorious Qur’aan has vouched for that. Let us examine the reference from the Bible containing three prophecies about Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and his miracles.

Isaiah 24:23
" Then the moon shall be confounded, and the sun ashamed, when the LORD of hosts shall reign in mount Zion, and in Jerusalem, and before his ancients gloriously."

The above verse has three prophecies mentioned in it. First, it is referring to the miracle of moon splitting that Prophet Muhammad (SAW) performed and has mentioned earlier (see Glorious Qur’aan 54:1-3), the second thing that this verse is describing is the conquest of Khaiyber by Muslims. Khaiyber was a very the strong hold of Jews. The third thing in the same verse is about (Isra) Mera’aj (see Glorious Qur’aan 17:1, 60; 53: 10, 12, 14-18; 94:1). In other words this verse contains Three prophecies about Prophet Muhammad. All three prophecies have come to pass!

5- From History and others sources


Prophet told the people of Makkah about thr region of Jerusalem.
Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 226
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: That he heard Allah's Apostle saying, "When the people of Quraish did not believe me (i.e. the story of my Night Journey), I stood up in Al-Hijr and Allah displayed Jerusalem in front of me, and I began describing it to them while I was looking at it."

Prophet told the people that he saw carvans when he was taking to Jerusalem. That was true

"In the valleys of Makkah," replied the Prophet, "I met a caravan, one whose camel had taken fright and run away. I warned them of this. Then I saw another caravan that had encamped for the night. Outside the principal tent stood a jar of water with a cover on it. I drank water from the jar and replaced the cover as it was before. This same caravan is now approaching Bayda and will shortly enter Makkah. It is led by a dark grey camel, carrying a double load, one half black and the other of various colours."
The people of Makkah went out of the city and found a caravan answering to the description given by the Prophet. They questioned the members of the caravan about the jar of water, and obtained satisfactory answers. They even discovered the caravan whose camel had run away, and they confirmed that in that very valley the members of the caravan heard a voice warning them of the camel's escape.
Abu Jahl asked Abu Bakr, "Do you believe in the extraordinary adventure of your Prophet? He pretends to have accomplished in the night the journey from the sacred Mosque of Makkah to the Al Aqsa Mosque of Jerusalem-there and back!" Abu Bakr's answer was a cool 'yes'. "What ever Muhammad says is true and I believe it. If he maintains that he went up to the seventh heaven in one hour and came back in the same space of time, I would still have faith in his declarations".
Abu Jahl's attempt to cast doubts into the minds of the believers succeeded only in strengthening their beliefs. The unbelievers of Makkah were astonished at the Prophet's detailed description of the Jerusalem mosque and his encounter with the caravans. For them truth was bitter. They retaliated by increasing their hostilities towards the Muslims. It became increasingly obvious that the Muslims no longer had any option but to migrate from Makkah.
Back to Muhammad

Also Read:
Arrival Of Muhammad mentioned 32 times In Bible
Science Confirms Quran Again | Existence Of Underwater Waves
Quran and Science| Layers Of Skin
What Happened To The Pharaoh Body | Quran Vs Bible
Astronomical Errors In Bible And Comparison With Quran


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts