Sunday 24 February 2013

A Response On Verse 5:101-102

A Response On Verse 5:101-102

Bismillah Hir Rehman Ir Raheem
Start In the Name Of Allah The Most Beneficent The Most Merciful

Like us on facebook:


A Response On Verse 5:101-102

Assalam O Alikum
 A guy name hermanseele send me this the following comment on my article Does Quran Prohibit on Questioning religion and God?
"Verse 5:101 is not a warning, but A COMMAND, indeed , it is a PROHIBITION. The verse clearly states, "DO NOT ASK ABOUT THINGS..." Muhammad realized that if people sought answers to difficult questions about Islam, some of them would eventually use their brains and leave Islam (see verse 5:102)"

The verses 5:101-102 doesn't ban one from asking questions.
The following verses are:
"Say, "Not equal are the evil and the good, although the abundance of evil might impress you." So fear Allah , O you of understanding, that you may be successful. O you who believe! Ask not about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if you ask about them while the Quran is being revealed, they will be made plain to you. Allah has forgiven that, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Forbearing. Before you, a community asked such questions, then on that account they became disbelievers." [Quran 5:100-102]

About the followng verses Ibn Kathir writes:
The verses ONLY dissaproves of unnecessary questions
"O you who believe! Ask not about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble."
This Ayah refers to good conduct that Allah is teaching His believing servants, by forbidding them from asking about useless things. Since if they get the answers they sought, they might be troublesome for them and difficult on their ears. Al-Bukhari recorded that Anas bin Malik said, "The Messenger of Allah gave a speech unlike anything I heard before. In this speech, he said, "If you but know what I know, you will laugh little and cry a lot". The companions of Allah's Messenger covered their faces and the sound of crying was coming out of their chests. A man asked, `Who is my father' The Prophet said, `So-and-so'. This Ayah was later revealed,

Unnecessary questions which can let to fitna or troubles or can dispatatch other feelings is not allowed in Islam. Such as I ask question to a reader who is my father?

Anas bin Malik narrated that once, the people were questioning the Messenger of Allah until they made him angry. So he ascended the Minbar and said,
You will not ask me about anything today but I will explain it to you. So the Companions of the Messenger of Allah feared that it was the commencement of a momentous event, and I looked to my right and left and found only people who covered their faces, crying. An argumentative man who was said to be the son of someone other than his true father asked, "O Allah's Messenger! Who is my father The Prophet said, `Your father is Hudhafah.'' `Umar stood up (when he saw anger on the Prophet's face) and said, "We accept Allah as our Lord, Islam as our religion and Muhammad as our Messenger, I seek refuge with Allah from the evil of the Fitna (trials in life and religion).'' The Messenger of Allah said, (I have never witnessed both goodness and evil like I have today. Paradise and the Fire were shown to me and I saw them before that wall.)
This Hadith was recorded in the Two Sahihs from Sa`id.
There are other examples of such questions
Al-Bukhari recorded that Ibn `Abbas said, "Some people used to question the Messenger of Allah to mock him. One of them would ask, `Who is my father,' while another would ask, `Where is my camel,' when he lost his camel. Allah sent down this Ayah about them,

However, Prophet said to ask him anything
Prophet said Ask me anything you like:
Narrated Abu Musa: "The Prophet was asked about things which he did not like, but when the questioners insisted, the Prophet got angry. He then said to the people, "Ask me anything you like." A man asked, "Who is my father?" The Prophet replied, "Your father is Hudhafa." Then another man got up and said, "Who is my father, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "Your father is Salim, Maula (the freed slave) of Shaiba." So when 'Umar saw that (the anger) on the face of the Prophet he said, "O Allah's Apostle! We repent to Allah (Our offending you)." (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Knowledge, Volume 1, Book 3, Number 92)"

Hermanseene also argued that verse said "DO NOT ASK QUESTION"
I wish he read the verse again
"O you who have believed, do not ask about things which, if they are shown to you,"
This means if it is shown to me that who is my father or some other things why will I still question it if it is known to me?
Allah knows the best

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts