Monday 11 February 2013

Is Jesus God According to John 10:30?

Is Jesus God According to John 10:30?

Bismillah Hir Rehman Ir Raheem
Start In the Name Of Allah The Most Beneficent The Most Merciful

Like us on facebook:


Is Jesus God According to John 10:30

Jesus in John 10:30 is quoted as saying
"I and the Father are One."
But One in what? In Diety, In Nature ? No they are one in person that is Jesus was here to do the will of the Father
"I can do nothing on my own. I judge as God tells me. Therefore, my judgment is just, because I carry out the will of the one who sent me, not my own will." [John 5:30]

Moreover, the verse is taken out of context to prove the trinity and diety of Jesus. The verse is misused by Trinitarians to prove their believe however the context goes as:
" I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me,is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one." [John 10:28-30]

It is clear from the above verse that Father is greater than all even Jesus. Verse 28 says that no one can snatch them out of my hand then the other verse says from the Father's hand. This clearly means that Jesus and Father are on in purpose not in Diety.

This is not the one time in which Jesus says that Father is greater than him and all but there is other verse too.
"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." [John 14:28]

If the verse however proof that Jesus is god because he says Father and he is one then
“My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me."
 In this verse, the same word "One" used, the Greek, "HEN" is used, not only to describe Jesus and the Father but to describe Jesus, the Father and eleven of the twelve disciples of Jesus and all of them who believe Jesus. So here if that implies equality, we have a unique case of 13 Gods or more

Sheikh Ahmed Deedat writes about the verse:
These verses prove only that Jesus and the Father are one in that no man can pluck the sheep out of either's hand. It does not at all state that Jesus is God's equal in everything. In fact the words of Jesus, "My Father, who gave them me is Greater than all..."  in John 10:29 completely negates this claim, otherwise we are left with a contradiction just a sentence apart. All includes everyone even Jesus.

Back to Christianity

Also See:
Does John 8:58 really prove that Jesus Divinity?
Did Jesus said "I am" Or "I Have"?
8 passages from Bible to proof that Jesus wasn't God
Examining John 1:1 | The Biggest Lie To Prove Trinity
Attributes of Bible god vs The Attributes of Jesus
Crucifixion Also Refuted by Psalm 118
The Christ Was Not Crucified!
Why Christ Can't Be Crucified?
Contradiction On Account Of Jesus Crucifixion 
Bible states That Jesus Will Be Saved, Protected And Will Not Be Killed 
Religion Of Jesus Or Saint Paul | Reviewing Belief (Part 1) 
Jesus As A Narcissistic
The Sins of Jesus (Part 1) 
Pagan Origins Of Christianity
Different types of Salvation In Christianity
Early Christians Rejected Trinity
Why is Trinity false?
Trinity and Paganism

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts